HR Assistant, Talent & Operations (London)
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||04 June 2020 at Midnight|
Job Title: HR Assistant (Talent & Operations)
Reports to: Head of Talent & Head of Programme and Operations
Department: Human Resources
Location: London, Horseferry Road, SW1P 2TX
Looking after the ones who work here, making sure they are properly rewarded, and their potential is realised. Seeking out those who don’t but should;
people with the talent to make an impact; people with the expertise to add a new dimension to what we know, what we do or how we do it.
We can only ever be as good as our people and HR makes sure we have the very best. The function supports our three core business areas: Creative,
Commercial and Operations. Each of these is led by an HR Business Partner, supported by an HR Advisor and the HR Operations team.
Specialists in Reward, Talent, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition and People Systems work across all three business areas, supporting the
HR Business Partners to ensure that our people are supported, developed and engaged to enable the channel to continue delivering on its remit.
This role will be instrumental in providing a high level of administration support to the Talent and HR Operations teams across a wide variety of areas
within the employee life-cycle.
The Assistant will need to be passionate about providing an exceptional service to the Talent and Operations teams, our candidates, C4 line managers and
C4 employees, and be comfortable working on a wide range of activities that cover all aspects of the Talent and operational remit.
This role would suit someone looking to progress their career in the HR specialist areas of either Talent, HR Systems or Operations, as this role provides
an opportunity to learn about multiple workstreams.
It requires a highly organised person who is keen to learn and enjoys variety in their role. You will need to be comfortable dealing with multiple tasks
and having a busy workload which requires constant prioritisation.
Training will be provided but it is essential to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, have intermediate to Advanced Microsoft
office skills and be very comfortable working with data.
• Contributing to writing and proofing job descriptions
• Taking briefs from hiring managers
• Using the recruitment system to post jobs
• Shortlisting candidates and arranging interviews
• Meeting room bookings and diary management
• Providing feedback to candidates
• Onboarding for new starters
• Representing C4 at external careers events
• Creating content for social media
• Creating reports on recruitment activity
• Ad-hoc project work
Systems and Operations
• Helping managers and employees with questions about how to use our HR system 4People
• Supporting members of HR team with user queries and process improvement
• Assisting with monthly/weekly audits of employee data
• Co-ordinating activity and communication for C4 engagement surveys
• Maintaining up to date content for 4People for employees and new joiners.
• Creating reports, collating feedback and metrics on talent and development activity
• Ad hoc research and project work
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Prior HR experience as either an HR/Talent Administrator or Assistant
• Good working knowledge of HR processes and administration
• Understands the confidential nature of the work and can adhere to C4’s information security and GDPR requirements.
• Experience and confidence in using a recruitment system (ATS)
• Experience and confidence in using several different HR Systems
• Strong attention to detail
• Intermediate level Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Great customer service skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
• Enjoys working as part of a team but also able to work individually and manage own workload
• Can remain calm and provide a sense of stability to stakeholders and customers
• Understand when to work at pace and when there is a need for urgency
• Operates well and is comfortable with ambiguity/change
• Demonstrates a high level of initiative
• Adapts well to changing conditions and new ways of thinking
• Understands and is passionate about the C4 remit
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• SagePeople HR Systems experience
• Experience and confidence in using a learning management system (LMS)
• Experience of engagement surveys
• CIPD or HR Qualification
Apply for this job
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up