Project Manager, Broadcast Technology (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||25 May 2020 at Midnight|
Job Title: Project Manager, Broadcast Technology (London)
Reports To: Online Engineering Manager
Department: Broadcast Technology Management
The Department is responsible for the functions of IT strategy and support, Research and Development, Broadcast Technology Management and Operations.
Project Manager to deliver change projects for Broadcast Technology team. Reporting to the Online Engineering Manager, they will manage the project relationship with suppliers, as well as reporting for the Technology leadership team and wider business.
• Facilitate the creation and update of programme or project plans as required by the programme office and Engineering Manager, identify where cross-project dependencies exist and track/monitor these in support of the programme office.
• Implement agreed regular progress reporting mechanisms for project workstreams and assist the programme manager in the preparation of the programme status/project reports.
• Establish risk, issue and change control processes, assisting the programme and project team in their delivery
• Support the Internal Channel 4 workstream leads to deliver business critical projects.
• Coordination of workstream activities across Channel 4 users, C4 internal departments and external suppliers
• Manages change control with knowledge and authority
• Attend and provide updates to Steering Committees with WorkStream Leads
• Complete regular updates of all project tracking controls
• Ensure Project is on track and on budget
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Technical & Professional Skills
• Demonstrable experience of working on large-scale change programmes affecting people, processes and technology.
• Proven ability in managing change/workstreams using an Agile approach
• Ideally a recognised Project Management qualification (e.g. Agile, PRINCE2)
• Experience of owning a plan using multiple methodology to deliver across multiple partners.
• Attention to detail
• Ownership of all appropriate aspects of the project
• Experience of driving change management, communications and deliverables to achieve outcomes.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Reporting to Stakeholders at all levels across the organisation
• Goal oriented energetic self-starter able to multi-task and manage time effectively
• Able to handle fast-moving projects, drivers and dependencies.
• Ability to identify tasks that require attention, prioritise them and develop execution plans, consulting peers and seniors as appropriate.
• Ability to execute implementation plans developed by yourself or others
• Ability to document all steps taken and outcomes & learnings
Managing Resources (People, Budgets, Systems, Projects)
• Must have a high level of self-motivation and organisation and demonstrate the ability to work to critical deadlines under pressure.
• No Direct Line Management responsibility but should demonstrate the ability to instruct suppliers and influence key internal delivery resources.
• No direct budgetary responsibility but should exercise control over the costing of work and remain focussed on fiscal prudence and value for money.
• The role includes liaising with key stakeholders in internal departments, and close collaboration with the other areas of Broadcast Technology Management.
• Must support the Management Team in providing clear and timely information to the relevant IS Delivery functions in order to notify them of our expected resource and material requirements for each work-stream.
Relationship Management (internal, External, 3rd parties)
• Must work regularly with the Broadcast Engineering team and wider Technology Departments and multiple external suppliers.
• Will be required to explain technically complex issues to non-technical staff.
• Must present themselves in a professional manner at all times when dealing with both internal and 3rd party stakeholders.
• Will work on complex and cutting edge projects requiring deep analytical thinking and an ability to process and manage multiple technical and business inputs at the same time in order to devise novel solutions to a high degree of detail.
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• Has the potential for significant impact on the operational and strategic objectives of channel.
• Has an emphasis on medium term objectives with a view to enabling long term benefits - critical success factor is to address issues in a manner which can be realistically applied to support strategic objectives.
• Provides advice and material outcomes which assist in the formulation of business strategy to management concerning the potential future capabilities of our systems and their ability to support new business models and products.
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up