Assistant Finance Apprentice (Leeds)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Closing Date||03 April 2020 at Midnight|
Star date: 7th September 2020
This apprenticeship will last for 18 months
The assessment day for this role will take place on the 14th July.
Reports to: Head of Transactional Processing
The Finance department provides Channel 4 with financial support and advice, ensuring the Corporation’s advertising revenue is working hard to deliver our public service, creative and commercial ambitions. Channel 4 Finance works with all areas of the organisation, giving financial guidance on financial reporting, investments and all general finance matters.
The Transactional Finance team manage the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Royalty Reporting functions.
Ensure timely payment and accurate processing of transactions and queries across internal and external customers and suppliers. This role focuses on supplier management, invoice processing, payment scheduling, employee expenses and query resolution.
Ensure the prompt recovery of trade debtor balances, generation of billing and accurate cash allocation. This role focuses on credit control, cash collection, credit insurance and billing processes for all advertising, sponsorship and other revenue generating activities.
Ensure the timely and accurate generation of producer statements, coding and approving supplier invoices and tracking reported but unbilled royalties. This position focuses on the creation and payment approval of statements issued relating to content distributed or played across Channel 4 platforms.
Working collaboratively and positively with all internal departments providing excellent service and support. Building successful working relationships and providing proactive business advice on all Transactional issues.
• Ensure that supplier and customer incoming telephone calls and voicemail messages are answered promptly.
• Assist with new supplier set up ensuring that bank details, legal name, addresses and spend categorisation is accurately recorded and approved.
• Monitor and check supplier and customer invoice interfaces to ensure that all records have been successfully transferred between systems.
• Audit employee expenses, ensuring claims have supporting documentation, authorisation and are policy compliant.
• Identify supplier and customer billing queries and disputes and work closely with the Corporation to ensure prompt resolution.
• Assist with the preparation and processing of weekly supplier payments including BACS, CHAPS and direct debits.
• Proactively target and collect customer balances ensuring that collections are maximised. Accurately log all collection activities in Oracle.
• Apply and allocate cash receipts promptly to ensure that customer accounts are up to date.
• Monitor and minimise customer unapplied and unidentified cash receipts ensuring that open items are applied, refunded or billed.
• Assist with customer invoice creation and dispatch ensuring that revenue has been accurately posted to Oracle and balanced to Sales feeder systems.
• Request credit checks on new and existing customers, working closely with external insurance partner and internal Sales and Finance teams.
• Prepare and reconcile advertising risk exposure reports on a regular basis. Review pro-forma billing to ensure that pre-pay clients have paid prior to transmission.
• Assist with the generation of producer royalty statements ensuring that reported data is accurate and correct.
• Monitor supplier invoicing back to royalty statements to ensure that invoices have been received as expected and work closely with the Management Accounting team to ensure that accruals are accurate.
• Process and code VAT only invoices and work closely with the C4 tax department to ensure compliance and accuracy.
• Investigate and resolve producer and or internal royalty related queries analysing complex data extracted from multiple data sources.
Level 3 Assistant Accountant
Essential Experience and Skills
• 5 GCSEs, including Maths (minimum B grade) and English
• Desire to work within a Finance environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (as will be dealing with all areas of Finance as well as other departments within the business)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Willingness to assist in all tasks
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude
• Team player who can collaborate effectively and efficiently but who can also work (when required) independently
• Able to use own initiative to scout areas for improvements and suggest improvements for recurrent issues
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to ever changing deadlines
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS:
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can help to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.
If you need to relocate in order to take up an opportunity through 4Talent (training schemes and apprenticeships) we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our apprenticeships are for people 18 years old and over, and are suitable for non-degree holders. Unfortunately you are not eligible to apply if you have already completed a higher qualification that is similar to the qualification being offered on this apprenticeship.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online at the link below. When you have completed each page please tick the box at the bottom to proceed. Only when all pages are completed and boxes ticked will the 'submit' button appear at the end of the application. Once submitted you can return and edit your application up until the closing date of this apprenticeship.
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Talent team direct at email@example.com or tweet @4talent using the hashtag #C4apprenticeships
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up