Audience Manager (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||27 February 2020 at Midnight|
Job Title: Audience Manager
Department: Sales Operations
Reports to: Group Operations Manager
The Sales Operations team is primarily responsible for the delivery of maximum revenue on all the distribution methods of viewing across C4’s Sales portfolio.
The department is tasked to deliver exceptional levels of service to Sales and our customers, in addition to conceiving and executing innovative methods of
creating value through systems, working practices and new trading opportunities.
The digital team that sits within this are responsible for maximizing commercial digital revenue through managing online campaigns across our digital platforms
The successful candidate will be the go-to-expert within the audience management landscape. They will be central to the successful delivery of all C4’s audience
commercial campaigns and develop a solution that is best in class. Audience data will be at the heart of the role, be that managing it, reporting it or helping
sales dissect the story from it and are just some of the key components to being successful in the role.
You will help assist and shape the business in a fast paced and ever changing digital environment by innovating in a space that C4 sales hasn’t previously being
in and therefore is of huge strategic importance moving forward.
Success measured by:
• Driving higher yields
• Creation of efficient workflow
• Owning the relationship with all audience solutions
• Manage day-to-day audience relationships with our selected providers and understand core value proposition and competitive differentation
• Work with sales to ensure successful execution of audience targeted ad campaigns and be proactive in coming up with solutions
• Manage the collection of audience data across All4
• Create and maintain a high value audience segment taxonomy
• Accountable for the monitoring and optimisation of all audience led campaigns
• Analyse and identify key insights and use those to drive internal knowledge sharing with cross functional teams
• Management and ownership of all audience vendor relationships
• Understand different pricing models for audience data to maximise audience returns and ensure yield maximisation
• Be the first point of contact for sales team with all audience queries
• Assist in audience training across sales
• Ensure all new data initiatives arising from our vendors are inline with C4 policy
• Prepare and deliver presentations to buyers and demand partners
• Share best practice with all teams across the sales floor
• Become proficient in all C4 Audience systems
• Manage platform development of C4’s Audience partners as well as having awareness of FreeWheel ad server
• Future proof the C4 audience solution
• When required help support the wider operations team by booking, setting-up, monitoring and delivering Digital campaigns
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Understanding and experience working with data platforms and within the programmatic ecosystem
• Knowledge and experience of online advertising with a track record in problem solving and decision making a must.
• Highly proficient in both spreadsheet analysis and the ability to select key pieces of information and articulate it to the sales team.
• Experience working for or closely with customer or data management platforms or any similar audience solutions
• Comfortable in presenting to stakeholders
• Experience of negotiation with clients
• Role is autonomous and job holder would only seek input for major decisions.
• Jobholder identifies operational needs and has full autonomy to adapt enabling functions and implement process improvements.
• Strong leading skills required to ensure external and internal teams are delivering on requirements
• Job holder works closely and manages communications with external audience suppliers
• Jobholder works closely with a number of stakeholder within Sales Operations, (from AdTech, to Pricing and Campaign Ops), but also across the sales floor
and at all levels
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to use a data visualisation tool and then interpret the data
• Comfortable with numbers and data with complex problem solving
• Commercial awareness
• Project Management and ability to multi task
• Communication and outstanding customer service
• Dedication to quality work whilst maintaining efficiency
• Able to develop effective external and internal relationships
• Flexible and passionate about digital advertising
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up