Music Channel Manager (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||16 February 2020 at Midnight|
Job Title: Music Channel Manager
Reports To: Senior Music Channel Manager
The Music Channel Manager sits within in Channel 4 music and content planning team. In addition, being responsible for the output of a key music channels,
this person will plan content based on historical performance, their own knowledge and instinct of what appeals to the core 16-34 audience demographic.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES, ACTIVITIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES
• Responsible for the planning of music channels with full accountability for channel scheduling and ratings performance.
• Schedule the programmes and music playlists for their group of channels.
• Request content to be commissioned and work with Senior Channel Manager to maximise the sharing of content between the portfolio.
• Assist with cross-platform content campaigns and portfolio planning.
• Review, analyse, suggest improvements and execute plans based on BARB ratings performance and other strategic considerations.
• Work closely with relevant teams to highlight key programming and campaign strands that can be amplified to further grow ratings.
• Work with external partners to ensure we have access to the music that keeps us relevant to the target audience.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Relevant proven experience in a music programming role and/or planning.
• A love of music and pop-culture, an understanding of the target audience demographic and the current trends in the youth market.
• Experience scheduling music and programmes for a primarily broadcast market.
• A deep understanding of consumer behaviours, analysing data and ideas about how to adapt our content offer in order to maximise viewership.
Please apply online
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up