Creative Strategist, Digital Creative Unit (London)
|Location||124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||23 January 2020 at Midnight|
Job Title: Creative Strategist, Digital Creative Unit Commercial revenues will be driven by Social Branded Entertainment, Social Sponsorship, Social Monetisation, E-Commerce and exploiting other, new revenue streams on social. JOB PURPOSE ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Reports to: Commercial Lead, Digital Creative Unit
Department: Agency Sales (4Sales) (and Digital Creative Unit)
The Digital Creative Unit (DCU) is a new Channel 4 strategic initiative created to reach audiences on social platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Snap Chat via original and branded content.
Reporting to the Commercial Lead for the DCU, the Creative Strategist is responsible for creating and delivering the best in market strategy for all branded entertainment and social sponsorship campaigns across all of Channel 4’s social platforms.
• Create innovative social branded entertainment, sponsorship and social advertising strategies for Channel 4 client’s social campaigns
• Use audience data and insight to identify social, market and cultural trends which will inform the Channel 4 commissioning team, and Production partners, to create original format content ideas
• Proactively pitch these ideas to agencies and clients, along with the DCU sales team and Digital Commissioner
• Play the lead role in responding to client and agency social briefs:
o Be an expert in interrogating and dissecting briefs
o Identify the business challenges and build the campaign strategy accordingly
o Use audience data and insight to identify social, cultural and market trends that inform the creative direction for all social branded entertainment video campaigns
o Identify the best social platforms and formats for the idea and the brief to maximise the success of all campaigns
o Work with the C4 Digital Commissioner to come up with best in market content ideas that fit with the Channel’s remit of high quality and premium social content
• Lead Channel 4’s campaign measurement strategy and work with C4’s Insights and Research team to provide market leading campaign measurement on all social campaigns
• Ensure Channel 4 is the market leader in proving the effectiveness of social campaigns delivering against client business objectives, to agencies and clients. In particular for social branded entertainment and social sponsorships.
• Position Channel 4 and yourself as an expert and thought leader in social content to agencies and clients via research and insights, white papers, agency presentations and any other ways as you see fit
• Educate the C4 sales team and the market on what inspiring and successful branded entertainment on social looks like
• Define and lead Channel 4’s paid social strategy for all commercial campaigns.
• Play a key role in growing sales revenues for Channel 4 by delivering market leading social strategy for the sales team to sell branded entertainment partnerships and social sponsorships.
• Work with C4 commissioners, production partners and the sales team to bring content ideas to life in creating award winning social content
• Use, champion and be an expert in the social analytics tools Channel 4 needs to identify key social, cultural and market trends and deliver market leading brief responses
• Identify and make recommendations for any new social analytics tools when necessary
• Along with the Group Digital Content Sales Manager (DCU) Work with the TV Branded Entertainment and Partnerships sales teams to champion social branded entertainment, ensure social is proposed for all relevant briefs and maximise the potential revenue to Channel 4
• You will be an expert in social content and social strategy and you will liaise with a number of internal teams to champion social and social branded entertainment across the wider Channel 4 sales team
• Identify and generate new revenue and content opportunities for Channel 4 on social
• Bring innovative ideas for both content and revenue opportunities on social to the Commercial Lead, DCU
• Build long-lasting relationships with key agencies and clients
• Create proposals and sales presentations in response to client briefs and pro-active social content ideas
• Create high impact sales decks and collateral to promote social commercial opportunities
• Keep up with industry/market knowledge through media owner or agency relationships to help inform the ongoing Social commercial strategy
• Diplomatically manage relationships with internal stakeholders from other Sales/internal functions across whole of Channel 4 to minimise conflicts of interest and increase overall revenues for C4
• Provide best in class servicing to agencies and clients
• Develop meaningful relationships with senior stakeholders at agencies and key partnership clients
• A minimum of 2 years creating and delivering social video strategy in a commercial environment at a social publisher
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a strategy role for a media, social, creative or advertising agency.
• Strategy Director / Head of Strategy / Strategy Lead level
• An innovative and creative thinker who’s passionate about social media and social video content
• The ability to command a room of senior agency and client representatives
• A thought leader with an excellent reputation in the market because of their social knowledge
• Experience working with large media budgets for social content campaigns
• A keen interest and passion for using audience data and social analytics tools to identify key insights and trends within social
• The ability to juggle and prioritise multiple briefs / proactive proposals at the same time
• An excellent understanding of the social media landscape across all platforms
• An excellent understanding of branded content/branded entertainment on social
• The ability to articulate the benefits of social branded content to agencies and their advertisers
• A proven track record of working with multiple stakeholders internally including but not limited to sales, project management, social media marketing, research and insights teams.
• An excellent understanding of paid social and previous experience in selling/managing paid social campaigns
• A strong understanding of the digital advertising landscape
• Knowledge of ASA and CAP Regulations that apply to social
• Expert presenter
Job Title: Creative Strategist, Digital Creative Unit
Commercial revenues will be driven by Social Branded Entertainment, Social Sponsorship, Social Monetisation, E-Commerce and exploiting other, new revenue streams on social.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Apply for this job
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up