Group Content Manager, Digital Creative Unit (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||18 March 2020 at Midnight|
Job Title: Group Content Manager, Digital Creative Unit BACKGROUND Commercial revenues will be driven by Social Branded Entertainment, Social Sponsorship, Social Monetisation, E-Commerce and exploiting other, new revenue streams on social. JOB PURPOSE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Reports to: Commercial Lead, Digital Creative Unit
Department: Agency Sales (4Sales) and Digital Creative Unit
The Digital Creative Unit (DCU) is a new Channel 4 strategic initiative created to reach audiences on social platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Snap Chat via original and branded content.
Reporting to the Commercial Lead for the DCU, the Group Content Manager is responsible for selling social branded content and social sponsorship to agencies and advertisers, providing an important source of non-share-deal income to the Corporation.
• Grow sales revenues for C4 on social by selling branded content partnerships and social sponsorships
• Proactively pitch C4’s Social Branded Entertainment slate to media agencies and advertisers
• Respond to client briefs to deliver best in market social branded content ideas and responses
• Work with the C4 Digital Commissioner to come up with best in market content ideas that fit with the Channel’s remit of high quality and premium social content
• Work with C4 production partners to bring these ideas to life in creating award winning social content
• Work with the Project Management team to ensure campaigns are delivered successfully and to assist in client management during the campaign
• Work with the Creative Strategist in building the campaign strategy for every proposal as well as ensuring best in market campaign measurement to prove the effectiveness of social branded entertainment on C4
• Work with the TV Branded Entertainment and Partnerships sales teams to champion social branded entertainment, ensure social is proposed for all relevant briefs and maximise the potential revenue to C4
• Work with the Legal and Compliance teams to ensure all campaigns follow the relevant C4 and legal guidelines
• Deliver against revenue targets set by the Commercial Lead, DCU
• Sales forecasting and reporting to the Commercial Lead, DCU
• Identify and generate new revenue opportunities for C4 on social
• Bring innovative ideas for both content and revenue opportunities on social to the Commercial Lead, DCU
• Create proposals and sales presentations in response to client briefs
• Attend a minimum number of client and agency meetings each month
• Contribute ideas on brief responses, in brainstorms and on live campaigns
• Create high impact sales decks and collateral to promote social branded entertainment opportunities
• With the Commercial Lead to agree sales strategies for each social content series and pitch to relevant agencies and clients
• Keep up with industry/market knowledge through media owner or agency relationships to help inform the ongoing DCU sales strategy
• Develop meaningful relationships and build long-lasting relationships with senior stakeholders at agencies and key clients
• Establish and adhere to best practice for social branded entertainment campaigns at all times
• Negotiate the best value social branded entertainment and social sponsorship deals for on a sustainable and repeat business basis
• A minimum of 3 years selling social branded content video partnerships to media agencies
• Account Director / Group Head / Business Director level
• Proven ability to deliver results against sales targets
• An excellent understanding of the social media landscape across all platforms
• An excellent understanding of branded content/branded entertainment on social
• The ability to articulate the benefits of social branded content to agencies and their advertisers
• A proven track record of working with social video content creators and social editorial teams
• A proven track record of working with multiple stakeholders internally including but not limited to project management, legal, finance, social media marketing, research and insights teams.
• A black book of media agency contacts
• Previous experience of working with production companies and/or internal production teams
• An excellent understanding of paid social and previous experience in selling and/or managing paid social campaigns
• A strong understanding of the digital advertising landscape
• Significant experience of managing client relationships
• Significant experience of relationship building
• Significant experience of working and communicating with a wider sales team
• Creative mindset and experience selling in creative concepts to clients and agencies
• Knowledge of ASA and CAP Regulations that apply to social
• Expert negotiator and presenter
Job Title: Group Content Manager, Digital Creative Unit
Commercial revenues will be driven by Social Branded Entertainment, Social Sponsorship, Social Monetisation, E-Commerce and exploiting other, new revenue streams on social.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up