Exec Producer - 4creative (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||19 January 2020 at Midnight|
Job Title: Executive Producer – 4creative (London) DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION JOB PURPOSE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Reports to: Head of Production and Operations
4creative is the multi-awarded, highly creative, in-house agency for Channel 4. It forms part of the Marketing and Communications Division
Within that, 4creative is responsible for developing and delivering all advertising campaigns and channel packaging for Channel 4 in every media. As such, 4creative plays a key role in projecting a coherent sense of the 4-brand family.
The Executive Producer’s role is to deliver the creative vision of 4creative through overseeing and managing the end to end production process, supporting the Producers to produce and deliver campaigns across all media.
• Running and managing an efficient production process for clip based promotions on Channel 4 including assigning Producers; assigning Directors in conjunction with the relevant channel Head of On-Air / Creative Director; forecasting and managing the annual budget; overseeing and managing Producers in delivering clip based promotions including but not limited to Marketing and Commissioning approvals; legal certification; meeting the assigned delivery schedule; end to end cost control and compliance with company policies and procedures
• For Channel 4 campaigns across all media, the EP is responsible for overseeing the delivery of the creative vision; including budget, schedule and production process which supports it. Campaigns will be assigned to an Executive Producer by the Head of Production and Operations, and assignment can be cross-channel based on availability and suitability for the campaign
• In consultation with the Head of Production and Operations, allocate Producers and build production teams
• On briefs where a Producer has yet to be assigned, act as the production lead from briefing stage
• Overseeing and supporting the Producers throughout the production process
• Responsible for ensuring Producers are rigorously and efficiently budgeting and managing their cost managers, with the Executive Producer having overall responsibility for delivering value for money and accurate reporting
• Liaise with Marketing regarding budgets and finance and manage the prompt budget approval and sign off process; including the accurate close down of production cost managers and final cost report sign off
• Responsible for month end financial reporting for both clips and campaigns as required by the Production Accountant and Marketing Finance
• Approval of invoices and expenses in line with 4creative/Channel 4 policy
• Managing and overseeing the contracting of suppliers and freelancers as per 4creative/Channel 4 policies and procedures
• Ensuring that 4creative’s Health and Safety advisors have been consulted in good time for all shoots and that their advice is adhered to
• Ensuring that all shoots are declared to 4creative’s insurance company and that they are consulted in good time and that their advice is adhered to
• Ensuring that during the course of production, 4creative/Channel 4 polices and procedures as outlined in the 4creative Production Guidelines manual and on the Channel 4 intranet are adhered to
• Responsible for ensuring that all contractual and legal requirements are managed during the course of production including but not limited to release forms, equity contracts, music licensing, stills/archive licences, copy/script approvals through Clearcast/RACC and the BBFC, and DBS checks where applicable
• Ability to deputise in the Head of Production and Operation’s absence, and support and cover for the other Executive Producer’s as required, especially in times of absence
• Line manage assigned Producers and Production Assistants Producers and Production Assistants with a responsibility for their career development and training
• Maintenance of a freelancer data base of suitable Directors, Producers, Production Managers and Production Assistants
• Maintain relationships with external suppliers
• Continue to strive to integrate 4creative into the wider Channel 4 business through looking for more efficient and collaborative ways of working
• Other responsibilities as assigned from time to time in keeping with the role
• Experience in a similar company with a working knowledge of multi-media production
• Experience working as an Executive Producer or in a Senior Production position
• Good practical and technical knowledge of both shoot production and post production
• Knowledge of industry regulatory bodies and crew and talent regulations
• Experience of budgeting for production and management of budgets
• Confident communicator and negotiator
• Ability to copy under pressure and prioritise workloads
• Ability to challenge process and think differently to suggest and implement change
• Proven track record in line management and team building
Job Title: Executive Producer – 4creative (London)
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up