Deputy Head of Marketing (Brand & Creative) 12mth FTC starting Feb 2020
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||10 December 2019 at Midnight|
Job title: Deputy Head of Marketing (Brand & Creative)
Status: 12mth FTC startng late Feb 2020 (maternity cover)
The Marketing Department’s core purpose is getting audiences to spend more time with 4, through building a strong brand and showcasing our best content. The department
supports all of Channel Four’s channel brands, content and services.
Working alongside the Deputy Head of Marketing for Media Planning & Data, this role supports the Controller of Marketing & Media in strategic planning, agency management,
campaign delivery and the general day-to-day running of the marketing department.
The role has specific responsibility for the strategy, brand management and content prioritisation for the following channel brands, genres and services: Channel 4 (Drama,
Comedy, Entertainment, Factual Entertainment), All 4, E4 and Film4. The role also oversees brand communications for the Channel 4 portfolio.
Central to the role are excellent campaign management and brand building skills, a detailed understanding of audiences and the ever-changing media landscape, plus the ability
to lead and inspire a team to produce effective, insight-led, engaging communications.
This role reports directly into the Controller of Marketing & Media.
• Work with the Controller of Marketing to develop effective marketing strategies for the company’s services, channels and programme brands, informed by actionable
insight, data and analysis.
• Prioritisation of programmes and projects across Channel 4, E4, Film4 and All 4, to maximise our key metric, ‘time spent with 4’.
• Leading and inspiring the team to encourage the best and most innovative, creative and effective work possible.
• Commitment to an inclusive, innovative department culture where everyone can be their authentic self. Inspiring a culture of risk-taking and innovation.
• Reporting to the role are a team of Marketing Managers and Marketing Executives.
External Agency Management:-
• Developing excellent relationships between our agencies, helping instil a culture of collaboration in the development of outstanding, effective communications.
• Developing a strong sense of teamwork and partnership across the organisation to ensure that marketing is represented in key decision-making processes and in key
• Developing strong relationships with 4Creative to produce excellent creative work
Media & Campaign Planning:-
• Working in partnership with Media Planning and all agencies to ensure that the on- and off-air elements of all programme campaigns are integrated and planned
simultaneously to optimise campaign efficiencies.
• Ensuring that campaigns are always delivered within budget, instilling a culture of effectiveness and thorough analysis.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Technical & Professional Skills
• Proven track record in orchestrating high profile, effective marketing campaigns.
• Experience of managing high profile television brands.
• Equally comfortable operating in all traditional and digital media.
• Skilled in working with data, research and insight to inform strategy, media planning and campaign decisions.
• Knowledge and experience of digital and data-targeted media strategies to optimise for the best performing campaigns, particularly with youth audiences.
• Strong creative instinct, able to judge between ideas and defend opinion to the most challenging of stakeholders.
• Autonomous with week-to-week creative decisions.
• Able to weigh up consequences of complex strategic decisions.
• Able to prioritise conflicting demands and delegate / refer up as necessary.
• Supervising the workload across the team of 3 Marketing Mangers.
• Managing the career progression and development of the team.
• Responsible for macro campaign and channel marketing budgets.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Thorough post campaign analysis.
• Developing and managing key relationships with third party agencies and suppliers.
• Developing and managing relationships with relevant stakeholders from commissioners to producers to product teams and Exec level stakeholders.
• Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
• Strong team player and able to collaborate with people at all levels.
• Reacting calmly under pressure to a variety of challenges.
• Able to balance the core objectives of brand reputation and ratings.
• Able to manage multiple projects and priorities at one time.
• Able to work flexibly in a fast paced and changing environment.
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• Aware and committed to the Marketing team objectives and role within the organisation.
• Maintain an understanding of the changing media and broadcast landscape, keeping abreast of developments in the market.
• Input into scheduling and commissioning decisions across the portfolio.
• Close relationship to Research and Insight.
• Awareness of wider commercial imperative to which Marketing plays a crucial role.
• Represent Marketing in cross-department strategic projects.
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up