HR Systems Advisor, 12mth FTC (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||24 November 2019 at Midnight|
Job Title: HR Systems Advisor
Reports to: HR Programme & Operations Manager
Department: Human Resources
Status: 12month FTC
We can only ever be as good as our people and HR makes sure we have the very best. The function supports our core business areas: Creative, Commercial and Operations. Each
of these is led by an expert business HR team with support from the HR Operations team.
Specialists in Reward, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition and People Systems work across the channel, supporting the HR Business Partners to ensure that our people
are supported, developed and engaged so that the channel can continue to deliver on its remit and produce award-winning content.
The purpose of this role is to support the HR Team in progressing from a transactional function to a strategic and digitised function. Supporting the HR team with the
implementation of our new HRIS (SagePeople), reviewing and recommending where we can improve process, increase efficiency and maximise investment in our technology. This
role has a strong system, data, process and analytical component which requires the user to be able to quickly understand the need and identify the correct solution to drive
improvement. This role will work closely with other members of the HR department, as well as stake holders in IT and across the business.
• Work alongside our IT HR support team in managing the SagePeople (formally known as Fairsail) HR system supporting them with first line UAT support.
• Provide governance and audit the HR data to ensure that the information is correct. Highlight to users where information may need amending or updating. Work with our
HR Data Analyst to create the necessary controls to continually review and audit the data.
• Review HR processes and identify how by using existing technology processes can be improved.
• Provide a helpline, support and training on how to use our HR System to the HR Community, line managers and employees.
• Ensure the HR Portal 4People (self-service) is configured to keep on brand and up to date, working with our internal comms team/in house creative department (4Creative)
to ensure joint messaging is displayed.
• Create new reports as required within SagePeople for line managers to run through self-service or for the HR Team. Produce data for legislative mandatory returns as and
when required and provide information to other business areas on a regular basis.
• Work with the IT HR Support team to understand future changes and identify the opportunities where changes can be deployed to the HR Team/business.
• Maintain tables and approval hierarchy within SagePeople.
• Understand employment law changes and how that might have an impact on what and how we use SagePeople, e.g. GDPR and support in audit exercises etc.
• Understand how SagePeople integrates to other systems and the impact changes to data or information may have on integrations as well as the potential to integrate to reduce
• Support and become the HR expert in all systems used within the HR function.
• Support the HR Programme & Operations Manager with delivering the HR systems transformation.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Technical & Professional Skills
• Have excellent knowledge – ideally a super-user of SagePeople or other HR Systems.
• Experience of working within a HR Function and working in a similar role, understanding of HR process and procedures.
• Creative with the ability to think outside the box and challenge the as-is.
• Excellent communications skills, with the ability to present ideas verbally and in writing.
• Have advanced Microsoft Office skills, highly numerate and confident with calculations.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• The ability to become a trusted advisor to the HR Function and business areas within HR Technology.
• Good understanding of data management, governance and technology.
• Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills; focused on getting things done. You need to be a doer. Have an all hands to the pump attitude.
• Works proactively with high levels of initiative and a drive for continuous improvement.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to train users throughout the business.
• Ability to influence stakeholders using evidence, insight and persuasion.
• Proven analytical, problem solving and statistical skills with a record of delivering insightful results that drive business benefit.
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• Demonstrates strong understanding of how HR can become a strategic partner to the business.
• Tailors activities to fulfill our calendar of HR activities.
• Identifies where process can be easily changed but with significant impact.
• Understands how other departments and functions work and how to align, support to drive business change.
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up