Group Partnership Account Manager (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||14 November 2019 at Midnight|
Job Title: Group Partnership Account Manager
Reports to: Agency Sales Lead with dotted line report to Brand Partnerships Leader
Department: Agency Sales (4Sales)
The Partnership Team is responsible for selling Broadcast Sponsorship, Advertiser Funded Programmes (AFP), Short Form Content (SFP), Product Placement (PP), and Break
Innovations to agencies and advertisers, providing a major source of non-share-deal income to the Corporation.
The Group Partnership Manager will maximise the non-spot revenues generated from the whole of Channel 4’s output by selling, planning and project managing innovative
marketing solutions across all C4 channels and 3rd Party channels. Including but not restricted to Sponsorship, Sponsorship Activation, Advertiser Funded Programming,
Creative Spot Solutions, Product Placement, Promotions and Competitions.
• High level account management of a multi-million-pound portfolio of sponsorship and partnership business across a defined agency and client patch
• Proactively pitching partnership opportunities and responding to client briefs
• Develop and regularly review an annual business plan for each agency in conjunction with Agency Lead and Agency and Client Leader
• Assist Brand Partnerships Leader in Identifying key business opportunities and priorities across all partnerships functions in conjunction with other Group Partnerships Managers
• Provide recommendations to Brand Partnerships Leader and Head of Digital Innovations and Partnerships for use in the budget-setting process in order to determine
the key partnership priorities for the coming year
• Agree a business wide Partnership implementation plan with key milestones with the Brand Partnerships Leader
• Create high impact sales decks and collateral to promote sponsorship and partnership opportunities
• In association with the Brand Partnerships Leader, agree individual deal project plans and sales strategies for each project and pitch to agencies alongside
relevant Partnership Account Managers
• Manage any successful sponsorship deals across the relevant agency patch alongside Partnership Account Manager and Partnerships Exec including:
• Supporting the decision-making process related to Sponsorships to achieve the best deal for C4 and manage disappointment from unsuccessful clients and agencies
• Establish and adhere to best practice for partnership projects at all times
• Work with internal departments such as Digital specialists, Content Solutions, Commercial Development and Digital Content Unit to maximise the potential revenue
of each partnership and sponsorship and ensuring that client brief is responded to with most appropriate offering from Channel 4
• Keep up with industry/market knowledge through media owner or agency relationships to help inform ongoing Partnerships strategy
• Act as advisor/consultant to management teams within developmental outputs (More4, E4, C4, All 4, UKTV, BT, Paralympics, SU2C etc) helping with programming and
performance issues with a view to maximising sales opportunities
• Responsible for recruitment, development, coaching, training and performance management of Partnership Account Manager with input from Agency Sales Lead / Brand Partnerships Leader
• Liaise with the company’s auditor to ensure contractual delivery and follows up any discrepancies
• Diplomatically manage relationships with internal stakeholders from other Sales/internal functions across whole of Channel 4 to minimise conflicts of interest and
increase overall revenues for C4
• Interpret Ofcom regulations to the best advantage of C4 and its advertisers
• Provide best in class servicing to agencies and clients
• Drive creative output within the department through innovations across all 4Sales commercial offerings
• Deliver regular partnership updates and creative inspiration to account teams at agencies across partnerships, planning and buying where appropriate
• Inform and deliver 4Sales’s creative strategy to agencies and clients
• Develop meaningful relationships with senior stakeholders at agencies and key partnership clients
• Negotiate the best value sponsorship/ partnership deals for the inventory on a sustainable and repeat business basis
• Support the development of talent with a view to ensuring team members have a working knowledge of all core sales disciplines.
• Work with other Group Partnerships Managers and relevant departments to ensure that all business systems are fully utilised and developed so that they are fully
fit for any current or future purpose
• Assist Brand Partnerships Leader and Agency Sales Lead in preparing reports that ensure that the business is closely monitored and ongoing business objectives can
be adjusted as the situation requires
• Advise Brand Partnerships Leader and Agency Sales Lead of commercial options, risks and issues with larger deals
• Directly manages one or more Partnership Account Manager(s) and one or more Partnership Executive
BUSINESS IMPACT/STRATEGIC PERSPECTIVE
• Planning and budgeting timescales are usually 1 to 5 years but most job activities focus over forthcoming year
• Must act in full compliance with OFCOM regulatory frameworks and other frameworks such as legal regulations
• Must balance PR/sensitive deals so as not to offend clients, viewers and production companies, agreeing or refusing deals accordingly.
• Minimise risk of mistakes as the knock-on effects for the other internal stakeholders could be immense in terms of repeat revenue lost and ongoing relationship management.
• Facilitate other departments to reach their revenue targets by seeking wider business opportunities through current relationships.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Significant experience working in a Partnership role
• Significant experience of managing client relationships
• Significant experience of working with TV editorial properties and brands
• Significant experience of relationship building
• Significant experience of working and communicating with a wider sales team
• Creative mindset and experience selling in creative concepts to clients and agencies
• High standard of knowledge of OFCOM / ASA Regulations & Frameworks
• Understanding of TV, digital, AFP, Product Placement and Competitions
• In depth understanding of sponsorship deals via advertising agencies or directly with the client including commercial process and the personalities involved
• Expert negotiator and presenter
• Proven ability to motivate a team to deliver results against targets
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up