Planning Coordinator - BOX Plus Network (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||10 November 2019 at Midnight|
Job Title: Planning Coordinator
Department: The Box Plus Network
Box Plus’ Planning Coordinator is responsible for creating content schedules for the Box Plus Network’s portfolio of channels. At Box Plus, we have an abundance of
musical, production and content expertise. We actively embrace new emerging platforms and new content types that are consumed by our youth audience to remain ahead of
the curve. The Planning Coordinator will support content management and placement, helping to ensure that the network’s output keeps pace with our audience and that
our schedules are both accurate and compelling.
Box Plus is the UK’s biggest music video network. We run a portfolio of music TV channels; Box Upfront, The Box, Box Hits, 4Music, Kiss, Magic and Kerrang! We have a
limited, but growing International distribution network and have an in-house production team that directly creates content for our channels and network of digital
platforms (incl. social media and syndicated).
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES, ACTIVITIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES
The Planning Coordinator will support the planning team in the creation of broadcast content schedules running across the Box Plus Network.
• Assists in the planning of the content schedules for the portfolio up to 3 months in advance and provides cover to other schedulers.
• Manages tactical schedule changes and communicates them to all relevant teams/stakeholders.
• Engages fully in channel performance reviews and helps plan ways to increase audience engagement/ratings within the output.
• Leads communication of all scheduling information to key stakeholders (i.e. TX Info, EPG, Marketing, Listings)
• Assists with stock management, programming information and liaises with internal and external suppliers on delivery.
• Loves music and pop culture and knows the audience demo, what they like and the current trends in the youth market.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Some experience and skills that demonstrate the ability to work in a multi-channel or platform content scheduling environment.
• An understanding of key audience metrics and able to translate that into building competitive schedules.
• A naturally curious mind without any fear of trying new technologies, software and methods to create and aggregate content.
Please apply online
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up