Commercial Marketing Project Manager (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||10 November 2019 at Midnight|
Job Title: Commercial Marketing Project Manager
Reporting into the Commercial Marketing & Events Lead (CMEL) and sitting alongside the Marketing and Events Managers, this role exists to drive innovation and development of core comms channels which will then be utilised by the remainder of the CM team.
• Supports the CMEL in the exploration, development and implementation of marketing projects that sit outside the day-to-day activities of the wider team.
• Working across multiple projects at a time, the CM Project Manager will be expected to lead these projects, ensuring that they are completed according to agreed objectives, within agreed timeframes and inside of agreed budgets.
• Specific projects will vary depending on operational requirements, but initially include;
• Provides ad-hoc support to the Commercial Events and Commercial Marketing Managers during times of high workload.
Technical & Professional Skills
• The role requires knowledge of the media advertising marketing
• Experience in marketing is essential with good knowledge of TV & digital
• The ability to manage multiple and simultaneous projects, to a variety of budgets.
• The role will have a high degree of autonomy and will report to the CMEL
• At times of increased workload, the role will be expected to support the Commercial Events or Commercial Marketing Managers.
• Required to manage own workload, timescales and delivery.
• Responsibility for agreed elements of the commercial marketing budget including signing off invoices
• A team player, who works collaboratively with colleagues in a positive and supportive manner
• Proven track record of sourcing and managing external suppliers.
• Manage difficult relationships and a variety of different opinions across a wide range of people.
• Find creative solutions to a variety of problems with internal and external stakeholders
• Happy to work within rapidly changing priorities and able to adapt easily
• Proven communication skills and flexibility are important
• Manage direct suppliers through complex and unexpected project issues
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• Take a strategic approach to identifying new potential projects, and developing a business plan for implementation.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Significant experience in a commercial/trade marketing role
• Significant experience in managing e-communications and social media accounts
• Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience of budget management & working to tight timeframes
• Experience of writing compelling copy
Desired Experience & Skills
• Understanding of the UK television advertising market-place
• Experience of managing a website and implementing cloud-based systems
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up