QA Delivery Lead (Leeds)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||08 March 2020 at Midnight|
Job Title: QA Delivery Lead
Reports to: Technical Delivery Manager
Product is Channel Four Television’s dedicated digital product department. It provides All4 product and delivery output for the business, along with a focus on
producing digital content for commercial, marketing and creative purposes using a mix of internal and external resources.
This role requires an experienced QA Delivery Lead who has worked within project delivery teams, overseeing varied QA activities in support of project delivery.
Your initial project will be working with our All 4 VoD platform teams but could extend to other areas across All 4 (e.g. Central Services) or the wider department.
You’ll need an appreciation and understanding of Video on Demand services and experience in the delivery of video streaming applications.
• Responsible for providing Channel 4 quality assurance and testing standards and policies to suppliers
• Providing QA oversight and enabling effective communication between suppliers and internal C4 stakeholders on all testing aspects
• Co-ordinating QA across C4 systems and supplier deliveries, aiding in end to end testing this role is fundamental in removing roadblocks, escalating issues and
providing guidance on internal C4 systems to suppliers as necessary
• Work with supplier to manage testing risks, issues and dependencies and resolve these/escalate as appropriate
• Aid Product team with acceptance testing and sign-off
• Review and assessment of detailed testing reports and metrics with suppliers and act as an internal C4 quality gate
• Co-ordinate non-functional testing of supplier deliveries with C4 preferred suppliers in areas such as Security testing
• Work with Operations and suppliers and escalate any production issues for swift resolution
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Technical & Professional Skills
• Come from a hands-on QA background with experience in automation and manual testing
• Experienced in co-ordinating testing across a number of systems
• Up to date on QA industry best practises and standards, keeping abreast of QA tools and technologies to provide guidance on industry trends
• Strong QA skills with an enquiring mind
• Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
• Knowledge of Java and one other programming language, preferably Swift, Ruby, Python or Objective C
• Ability to review UI test and unit test code
• Web UI test automation experience, particularly using Selenium and CSS
• Mobile App test automation experience
• Experience of Bash scripting
• Experience of AWS
• Experience of Docker
• API testing, particularly REST applications. Knowledge of JSON would be advantageous
• Understanding of mocks and stubs for testing
• Exposure to CI/CD
• Self-starter who can work collaboratively with a diversity of supplier, third party and internal C4 teams
• Demonstrable experience in QA Lead capacity
• Proven experience of working in agile teams
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• An interest in working for Channel 4 with an understanding of its core values and remit
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up