Assistant Listings Editor (Leeds)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||National HQ Leeds|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||24 October 2019 at Midnight|
Job Title: Assistant Listings Editor
Reports to: Listings and Online Programme Information Manager
Department: Listings (Content Management)
Content Management is responsible for supporting content delivery across the portfolio: Linear, OnDemand and Listings Services. We support live events, platform/content
launches and the management of access services. The department is business critical and needs to meet changing business demands.
The Listings and Online Information team is responsible for publishing TV listings (TV Guides), Electronic Programme Guides (EPGs) and All 4 metadata for all Channel 4
The role is focused on accurately implementing post-listings updates across channels, publishing listings schedules, EPGs and All 4 editorial metadata, and providing
ad-hoc help to colleagues within the Listings Team
• Publication and ‘ownership’ of listings and EPGs, including publication of schedules, billings and updates, while meeting regular deadlines
• Implementing late changes to the listings schedule, across channels, accurately and promptly
• Management and publication of editorial metadata for All 4 content.
• Providing assistance to Listings Editors, and sometimes deputising for them, when necessary
• A passion and interest in writing and copy editing.
• Ability to manage busy and often complex workloads efficiently, whilst meeting regular publication deadlines
• Working flexibly, and adapting to responsibilities as the role develops with industry trends
• Ability to communicate effectively across multiple office locations as this role will be responsible for listings on content commissioned from all Channel 4 locations
• Ability to work independently and build relationships with the team, the department and relevant stakeholders
• Developing a good level of understanding of C4 systems and applications
• A passion and an active interest in television broadcasting and Channel 4 content
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Technical & Professional Skills
• Accuracy, excellent standards of writing and grammar, keen attention to detail, and the initiative to self-manage are all essential
• Some experience in a writing or copy editing environment
• An aptitude for different types of software and programmes is important. The ability to embrace technology is essential as the job requires data input across a
variety of systems.
• A questioning mind and awareness of sensitivities regarding programme content are also key
• A flexible approach to work and an ability to work well under pressure, to short-term deadlines, and to balance competing priorities are vital
• Demonstrable editorial awareness
• Self-motivated with a ‘hands-on’ approach
• A flexible approach to work and an ability to prioritise tasks are vital
• Able to build new relationships across multiple locations, with tact and diplomacy
• Proven inter-personal and communication skills - the ability to work well as part of a team and remain calm under pressure and the confidence to deal with
colleagues across departments
• Demonstrable initiative
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• Able to assimilate information quickly, be flexible to business demands and be open to changes in the role’s needs
• An appreciation of the role of listings and its influence on viewers
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up