Digital Analytics Implementation Consultant (Leeds)
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||24 November 2019 at Midnight|
Job Title: Digital Analytics Implementation Consultant
Reports to: BI & Data Programme Manager
Department: Systems Delivery
Information Systems is Channel 4’s dedicated Technology department. It serves all areas of the business, providing applications, support and user services using a mix of
internal and external resources.
This role is within Channel 4’s central Business Intelligence (BI) team, whose purpose is to transform data into insightful and actionable information for our people and
Channel 4 operates a complex digital ecosystem consisting of websites, applications for mobile devices (iOS and Android) and applications for big screen devices including
consoles, set-top boxes, connected televisions and dongles, to deliver Channel 4’s video on demand service, All 4.
The effective tracking of this digital estate provides valuable insights into viewer behaviour and is used to develop data driven strategies and solutions for advertising,
marketing and enhancing viewer experience and engagement.
The successful candidate will take a lead role within a Digital Analytics Implementation team, responsible for the analysis, design, implementation and support of tracking
solutions across Channel 4’s digital estate.
Working closely with insight analysts, product owners, solution architects, technical leads, developers and data scientists, key projects will focus on translating business
requirements into effective tracking solutions.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to expand your skills and expertise to help deliver insights to the business using associated reporting and analytics tools from
within Channel 4’s broader BI solutions and Big Data platform.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a proven background in implementing tracking analytics, to enhance their experience by implementing tracking solutions
across multiple technology platforms, and being part of team working on an innovative and fast evolving product.
• Translates business requirements into technical tracking specifications based on Channel 4's standards and industry best practice.
• Organises, prioritises and plans the timely delivery of tracking requirements
• Coordinates the daily task allocation of other members of the Digital Analytics Implementation team to make sure deadlines are successfully achieved
• Works alongside development teams to support the successful implementation of tracking requirements using Adobe Analytics and DTM/Launch across Channel 4’s digital
estate covering; web sites, mobile applications (iOS, Android) and big screen devices including consoles (PlayStation, Xbox), television set-top boxes and dongles.
• Works with the Digital Analytics Test Analyst, other testing resources and All 4 development teams to devise and implement a testing approach and strategy to make
sure tracking is accurate and meets the standards set out in tracking specifications.
• Provides oversight of testing and quality assurance of tracking implementations to make sure tracking is correctly implemented
• Provides subject matter expertise concerning the solution roadmap covering technical strategy and solution architecture for tracking across Channel 4’s digital estate
• Works closely with various Solution Architects and Technical Leads for the All 4 Product, to make sure they are fully informed of tracking initiatives and to
understand architectural and technical direction and the associated standards underpinning the All 4 Product.
• Investigates, troubleshoots and resolves tracking issues and bugs
• Develops and maintain tracking documentation assets including tracking specifications, standards, data dictionary and architecture diagrams.
• Conducts feature analysis and performance analysis to provide insights back to product teams and management reporting lines
• Supports effectiveness testing of product features using A/B, MVT technologies
• Reports progress on a daily and weekly basis using appropriate reporting and measures of productivity to management reporting lines in an accurate and timely fashion
• Identifies and manages tracking risks and issues and escalates critical delivery or service issues to management reporting lines in an accurate and timely fashion
• Adheres to and maintains project development standards, conventions and practices used within the Business Intelligence team and to the required level of rigour
• Shares knowledge and expertise with other team members
• Maintains a positive attitude to solution delivery and the workplace
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Demonstrable expertise of using Adobe Analytics and DTM/Launch to implement and administer tracking solutions
• Demonstrable expertise of a Tag Manager System (e.g. Adobe DTM/Launch)
• Demonstrable expertise of Adobe Analytics user interface; administration console, configuration, code management
• Experience of using advanced features in Adobe Analytics including processing rules, segmentation and classifications.
Delivery & Domain Expertise
• Demonstrates expertise and knowledge of a variety of tracking and tagging solutions, strategies and concepts.
• Demonstrable expertise of specifying tracking solutions across multiple platforms, for example; web, mobile, set top boxes, games consoles
• Demonstrable experience of having led a tracking implementation and the associated planning, organising and allocation of tracking delivery tasks.
• Demonstrable experience of the full project life-cycle including phases for analysis, design, build, test and deployment and differing software delivery methodologies
• Demonstrable experience of working to tight deadlines and experience of managing multiple pieces of work and differing priorities
• Demonstrable experience of working closely with third party technical agencies of differing analytics expertise to ensure proposed tracking solutions meet agreed requirements
• Demonstrable experience for diligence and attention to detail and a mindset for quality
• Effective communication skills and proven ability to confidently liaise with stakeholders
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Expertise to write and construct SQL queries to interrogate tracking data that has been processed and loaded into other Business Intelligence and Data systems
• Other programming languages such as Python
• Familiarity with any other tracking code technologies such as MVT products, survey tools, or session tracking tools
Apply for this job
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up