Head of Production & Operations, 4creative - 12mth FTC (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||26 May 2020 at Midnight|
Job Title: Head of Production & Operations (4creative)
Reports To: CMO
Status: 12 month fixed term contract to cover for maternity leave, starting August 2020.
4creative is the multi-awarded, highly respected, in-house creative agency of Channel 4 Television.
The department is responsible for developing and delivering all advertising campaigns and channel branding for C4 in every media, playing a key role in projecting a coherent sense of
4creative’s vision is to make risky, culturally potent, innovative work across the C4 portfolio, with production taking place in-house for added flexibility and proximity to the brand.
A key leadership role within 4creative, this person oversees production and operations in the department. The role has responsibility for ensuring processes, financial management and
output are all to an excellent standard.
• Responsible for the production and financial control of all on-air and off-air (print, digital-out-of-home, radio, cinema, online and social) campaigns and any other ad hoc
• Management of department finances, workflows, processes and controls
• Budget setting and forecasting with a focus on transparency, efficiency, value for money. Responsible for department overheads, staffing and freelancer budget
• Provide leadership, management and guidance to the production team and wider department, and insight and advice to members of the 4creative senior management team
• Ensure compliance across the department with all C4 policies & practices (Finance, HR, Legal, IT etc.) including the design and implementation of 4creative financial, operational
and production policies and procedures with regular ongoing reviews to ensure efficiency and audit compliance
• Maintain and review relationships with external suppliers, including formal procurement processes where appropriate
• Liaison and relationship building with key internal stakeholders and departments across C4
• Work together with the ECD and the 4creative senior management team to develop, encourage and maintain a positive collaborative “can do” culture within 4creative
• Responsible for health and safety compliance and production insurance policies
Technical & Professional Skills
• Significant experience of leadership, team and individual management in a fast-moving and creative environment
• Significant experience and knowledge in TV, advertising, short form and print production processes and operations
• Ability to deal with a high volume of projects at any one time with challenging deadlines
• Extensive experience in contractual negotiation and knowledge of contractual agreements and usage/rights across both production and general business needs
• Experience of engaging freelancers and knowledge of BECTU and APA agreements, the Film & TV Guidelines and HMRC rules
• Ability to make informed decisions to tight deadlines
• Be able to act with autonomy, using appropriate discretion, referring upwards for guidance when required
• Set own workload priorities and manage timescales and delivery within this framework, allocating tasks to direct reports and teams as appropriate
• The role is empowered to make decisions concerning deployment of team resources
• Varied and lateral thinking is required to maximise quality and results
• Leadership of direct and indirect reports
• Manage a seven-figure budget (with financial support)
• Daily prioritisation and decision-making across a broad range of matters. There is a high degree of operational independence within technical and budgetary resource constraints
and strategic context
• Ability to work openly and collaboratively with the 4creative team and the wider organisation
• Senior relationship management with multiple stakeholders across Channel 4 and external suppliers
• Demonstrate organisational agility and problem-solving skills with a focus on solutions and “getting things done”
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Experience leading and shaping a department
• Significant experience of line management and leadership within a creative department
• Significant experience of production processes and operations within TV, advertising and short form content
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work with challenging deadlines
• Excellent budget management experience within production
• Extensive experience of contractual negotiation, agreements and usage/rights
• Experience of engaging freelancers and a good knowledge of BECTU and APA agreements, the Film & TV Guidelines and HMRC rules
• Is passionate about the C4 remit and C4 content
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up