Partnership Executive (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||10 October 2019 at Midnight|
Job Title Partnership Executive
Department Partnerships (within 4Sales)
The key function of the Sales Department is to generate the maximum amount of revenue from Channel 4’s programmes and products and on behalf of UKTV and BT Sport’s
advertising opportunities. Whilst at the same time, deliver great customer service and work with the wider business to deliver the Channel 4 remit.
It employs approximately 225 people who work across a range of related functions, including Agency & Client Sales, Business Development, Digital, Partnership, Trading,
Sales Development, and Campaign Operations.
The majority of employees are based in London; but there is also a growing sales team in Manchester as well as an out-sourced business in Dublin.
The Partnership Executive will assist the Partnership Account Manager (PAM)and Group Partnership Manager (GPM) to enable them to maximise Channel 4 Sales revenue.
As well as contributing to the Channel 4 sales targets, the Partnership Executive will provide 360° sales support in order to allow the Brand Partnership Leader, Group
Partnership Managers and Partnership Account Managers to focus solely on maximising revenue.
The key responsibilities are:-
• Maintaining the sponsorship sales calendar.
• The Partnership Executive will take responsibility for group admin. They will assist the GPM’s and PAM’s in scheduling sponsorship credits within the Stellar
sponsorship management system.
• Ensuring that sponsorship credits are delivered and ingested into the presentation system in a timely and effective manner.
• Management of campaigns in Stellar post-set up by GPM’s and PAM’s and preparing ad hoc reports on campaign delivery.
• Management of deal trackers on live campaigns
• Detailed understanding of broadcast & Vod transmission schedule.
• Coordination of broadcast & VoD transmission calendars to ensure all sponsored programming on broadcast and non-broadcast platforms carries correct copy and idents.
• Liaison with PC & TV Vod teams to ensure accurate reporting on delivery.
• Removal/transition of sponsorships on a daily to weekly schedule.
• Liaise with relevant digital team members regarding any accompanying Vod or display laydown as part of wider deals
PRODUCT PLACEMENT/ AFP
The Partnership Executive will provide administrative support to the Content Solutions team as required in order to support and facilitate the sales proposition. They
will monitor ad funded programmes across the channels and provide stellar sales support as required by this area of the business.
Actively assist and take the lead (when applicable) in selling and managing all aspects of Competitions. The Partnership Executive will also take responsibility for the
management of the creative process involved in competitions which includes:
• Answering agency briefs or providing support where required.
• Liaison with external creative and legal advisory bodies
• Internal co-ordination with marketing, legal and sales teams to ensure delivery and completion of competitions campaigns
• Management of budgets including invoicing and contracts
• Management of production process including, briefing creatives, securing voiceover artists, booking editing suites, and ensuring delivery of relevant assets to C4
in time for transmission
• Working with the Digital function to ensure timely production of online competition elements
• Aid with sales presentations and preparing sales materials.
• Aid GPM and PAM in answering briefs and pitching to agencies and clients
• Aid GPM and PAM in the selling and delivering of break innovations
• Maintain effective administrative & filing systems
• Video conversion and short reel editing-desktop software
• Collate sales material for C4sales.com and for case studies
• Arrange and maintain all trade press received within the department to create a monthly trade press sponsorship Log
• Any other general administrative duties as required by GPM’s/ PAM’s and Brand Partnership Leader
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Technical & Professional Skills
• Excellent commercial acumen and TV media ad sales or tv sponsorship experience
• Good communication skills including a professional manner
• To be calm and level-headed in a very busy environment and to perform in high-pressured situations. To be able to self-prioritise, working effectively without
supervision when required
• To have and use initiative, but also to be able to respond quickly and efficiently to direction
• Diplomacy and discretion essential
• This is undertaken by the whole team on a day-to-day basis so is a definitive requirement of the Partnership Executive role.
• This role must build strong internal relationships, especially with peers in Presentation, Scheduling, Research, Commissioning, Airtime Management and other
• Partnerships is a highly-pressured environment, deadlines dictate that excellent prioritisation skills are required.
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• To have an understanding of the wider Partnership market as well as a knowledge of Channel 4’s position within it.
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up