Digital Account Manager (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||10 December 2019 at Midnight|
Reports to: Group Digital Manager
The Digital department is tasked with maximising commercial revenue across All 4 as well as third party publishers such as UKTV. Revenue is generated
through standard advertising formats such as video pre rolls and display as well as integrated campaigns.
The Digital Account Manager’s primary role is to establish and maintain formal trading relationships within their Agency team across AV, planning,
digital and programmatic disciplines. Additionally, the Digital Account Manager in conjunction with the Agency Sales Managers needs to help guide,
manage and motivate a group of airtime execs to build relationships, reach revenue goals and achieve excellent agency service levels. The role holder
will also be responsible for maintaining Channel 4’s market leading digital reputation within these media agencies whilst being a “go-to” digital expert
to the wider agency team.
• Manage agency relationships across AV and digital on an on-going basis to maximise revenue and ensure contracted revenues are reached
• Build and maintain high market profile within a set of agreed media agencies (up to Account Director level), ensuring they are kept fully up to date
with the Channel 4 digital proposition
• Proactively pitching to agencies for specific online and VoD business and answering agency briefs. This includes:
o Pitching new products, propositions, platforms as developed by the Deputy Head of Digital and Digital Lead
o Adhering to the pricing and sales strategy set by the Deputy Head of Digital and Digital Lead
• Working with Campaigns & Projects and other departments as necessary for successful campaign implementation
• Work with other members of the integrated sales team and other departments to promote C4’s full range of offers including cross-platform propositions
• Work with Group Digital Manager to ensure team achieves the highest standards of service levels across relevant agencies
• Ensure the digital team have high market visibility and a reputation for sales excellence and are working to a coherent and challenging development plans
• Help maintain a stimulating, dynamic and “do it first” sales environment
• Maintain and share with the wider agency group a deep understanding of the digital landscape and its strategic impact on Channel 4
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Excellent understanding and experience of commercial strategies for online publishers and experience of successful implementation of plans
• Experience of being involved in project management and implementation of integrated campaigns
• Ability to sell in new formats and products to new and existing clients
• Advanced client management skills up to Account Director level to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business to maximise ongoing revenues
• Experience of delivering trading contracts within the deal parameters
• Complex negotiation skills are essential in order to resolve any conflict between stakeholders
• Role is autonomous in prioritising workload, with weekly meetings with the Group Digital Manager.
Job holder is expected to be entrepreneurial in identifying new revenue opportunities from new and existing customers in the digital marketplace
• Job holder will collaborate with Group Digital Manager to problem solve and input into team strategy
• Job holder will report weekly to Group Digital Manager on bookings and sales leads, and hold quarterly reviews along with how best to progress in the
• Responsible for development and training of Airtime Executives alongside the Airtime Sales Managers and Group Airtime Sales Manager
• Provide digital training when and where necessary to the wider agency team
• Must maintain a close relationship with Digital Specialists, Planners and Buyers up to Account Director within defined agency patch to ensure ongoing
opportunities are exploited
• Developing new relationships with digital and programmatic teams within defined agency patch
• Senior relationship management with Campaign Operations, CCM & Campaign Management and other internal teams in order to manage expectations and maximise
the All4.com opportunity
• Frequent contact as well as regular presentations to external agencies on potential business opportunities and to update on developments within Channel 4.
Works closely with
• Editorial team in Online and Marketing Managers to highlight any areas for potential commercial gain, meeting with the relevant departments across the
business to share with the wider digital & agency team
• Partnership Team to ensure they are aware of any new opportunities
• Agency Sales Lead to obtain an overview of accounts and new opportunities
• Group Digital Manager and Agency Lead on development of strategy and business plan
• Work on occasional research programmes and projects to support developmental areas of revenue generation
• Where a campaign doesn’t perform well, jobholder devise an action plan for optimisation, gain approval from the agency and advise the Traffic Team to
implement; if all fails the jobholder must manage fallout with all stakeholders.
• Must be able to balance conflicting trading issues to meet overall department goal
• The role requires a degree of organisational agility and the ability to manage sometimes difficult agency and interdepartmental negotiations
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• Job holder will identify key areas to pursue to maximise commercial opportunities
• The job holder will understand the strategic aims of the department, how they relate to this post, and make suggestions where applicable on how best to
achieve these aims
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up