Head of Product - All 4 (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||124 Horseferry Road|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||17 November 2019 at Midnight|
Job Title: Head of Product (All 4)
Reports to: Chief Product Officer
All 4 is C4’s video-on-demand proposition, home to original and exclusive shows, box sets of iconic series, as well as live and catch up TV from C4’s broadcast
Available as an app on over 20 different platforms including mobiles, tablets, PCs, TVs and games consoles, as well as being syndicated to the likes of Sky and Virgin,
All 4 reaches over 3 million weekly viewers and has more than two thirds of all 16-34s in the UK as registered users.
The Product team is tasked with making All4 the best way to get TV from Channel4. By creating the best possible user experience on owned-and-operated platforms, one
that is both seamless and engaging, and that encourages visitors to become viewers, to view more, and to return more often.
The Head of Product will support the Chief Product Officer in driving C4 to become entirely digital first: building and executing the channel’s digital product
experience on All 4 in order to drive additional consumption.
They will be responsible for implementing the clear vision for All 4 while growing C4’s share of brand preference, digital consumption and revenue.
The Head of Product will provide thought leadership internally and bring in best-in-class product development practices, product strategy and a firm understanding of
the media landscape.
This role will be entrusted to develop and lead a high-performing team of product specialists in pursuit of these aims.
This role will report directly into the Chief Product Officer.
To deliver new customer value and delight using innovative design and delivery of the product roadmap which aligns with All 4 strategy and key metrics
To be a champion for the customer experience of our All 4 viewers
To shape future product strategy for All 4 in line with C4 strategy
To be responsible for the roadmap prioritisation to be executed by the All 4 delivery and related delivery teams
To be a key authority on product management best practices: help us ship a delightful product
To build and manage a team consisting of Senior Product Managers and Product Managers who in turn lead the product development of their respective delivery teams
To drive the team to be focussed on solving business problems and create new opportunities for growth at scale
To support the team to set clear goals and key results, regularly check in on progress, learn and adjust course when required
To help the teams to set hypotheses, test assumptions and break down complex problems into achievable steps
To be a key contributor to the senior team and advocate of the digital transformation of the organisation
To be an agent of collaborative change, bring parts of the organisation together to better meet the goals for the product and the channel
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Significant experience of working in a similar product leadership role within a digitally focused business. (TV or media experience – highly desirable)
• Direct experience of managing a team of Product specialists
• Direct/indirect management of Product Designers, Analysts and Developers
• Demonstrable expertise in the qualities and dynamics of successful consumer-facing online products
• Knowledge and experience of agile development and user experience design methodologies
• Understanding and ability to make use of all forms of customer research and analytics in the product development process
• Deep understanding of the role of data and research methodologies in informing strategic and tactical decision making.
• Knowledge of emerging trends and principles of online media
• Extensive knowledge of the changing media and broadcast landscape
• Strong understanding of Channel 4’s place in the digital landscape and how to sustainably attract and engage the attention of our audiences
• Proven ability to manage through change and get things done even in challenging circumstances
• Demonstrates an excellent track record of creating and managing internal relationships at all levels
• Proven experience of handling conflicting viewpoints and using strong influencing and persuasion skills to gain consensus amongst stakeholders
• Previous experience of representing an organisation externally
• Aligned to be passionate about the C4 remit
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up