Consumer & Strategy Apprentice (London)
|Closing Date||03 April 2020 at Midnight|
Start date: 7th September 2020
This apprenticeship will last for 18 months
The assessment day for this role will take place on the 2nd July
The Advertising Research & Development (AR&D) and Audience Research & Insight (AR&I) teams a are part of the wider Consumer & Strategy department which also encompasses Strategy and Data Planning & Analytics.
The AR&D team help the Channel 4 Sales department sell advertising space across our channels and All 4platform, which allows us to fund the programmes we make.
We do this through:
• Proving that advertising on our channels and All 4 work
• Doing research to ensure we know our audiences inside out
• Staying on top of the latest industry trends and developments
Recent examples of the kinds of projects the AR&D team have done include:
• An investigation into precisely how viewers watch TV on commercial video-on-demand platforms, like All4 and ITV Hub
• A project to prove the effect of programme and content context in making advertising work better
• An on-going investigation into what’s important to young people aged 16-24
The AR&I team work closely with many parts of Channel 4, but particularly the Commissioning, Scheduling, All4 and Marketing teams, to understand the tastes and behaviours of our audiences. We do this through:
• Reporting on the performance of our programmes and channels, both broadcast and online
• Undertaking detailed research into the responses and reactions to specific programmes: why people watched (or didn’t).
• Exploring how viewers feel about Channel 4, and the other channel and programme brands
Recent examples of the kinds of projects that the AR&I team have done include:
• Investigating the preferences of Hollyoaks viewers, and of how soaps fit into young people’s viewing lives
• Testing new reality show formats and ideas to judge which are best
• Asking viewers about new, less well known presenters in order to find the next big thing
During your time in the Consumer& Strategy team you’ll get involved in all areas of the work we do (e.g. above). There’ll also be specific projects for you to work on and we’ll help you to quickly build up your skills and knowledge of the media industry.
• Use a range of industry research tools to prove benefits of advertising with Channel 4.
• Be a regular contact for stakeholders and deal with their day to day research needs.
• Help the team set up and run projects that prove our TV sponsorships and adverts work, or explain how and why viewers watch our shows.
• Support the team with larger research projects throughout the year.
• Create regular reports, e.g. channel performance reports, advertising spend reports, etc.
• Give general research support to the team.
• Creating content (both written and video) and managing the social media accounts for our research property 4Youth (website, LinkedIn etc)
• Organise the Researchers Night Out – an annual invent where we host agency researchers from across the industry.
Level 3 Marketing Assistant
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
• A passion for both TV programmes and advertising
• Curiosity about what makes people tick
• Prior experience of using research methodologies and presenting outcomes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A willingness to go the extra mile
• Ability to follow instructions and work both independently and part of a team
• Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Good numeracy skills and an eye for detail
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS:
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can help to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.
If you need to relocate in order to take up an opportunity through 4Talent (training schemes and apprenticeships) we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation. For more information please contact email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY TEXT
Our apprenticeships are for people 18 years old and over, and are suitable for non-degree holders.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online at the link below. When you have completed each page please tick the box at the bottom to proceed. Only when all pages are completed and boxes ticked will the 'submit' button appear at the end of the application. Once submitted you can return and edit your application up until the closing date of this apprenticeship.
Apply for this job
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up