Digital Production Manager – DCU (Leeds)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||National HQ - Leeds City Centre|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||02 February 2020 at Midnight|
Job Title: Digital Production Manager
Department: DCU (Leeds)
The newly created Digital Creative Unit (DCU) will be the engine room for C4’s digital acceleration strategy, with the primary mission to create, adapt and distribute
content across the key social media channels.
The primary activities of the DCU will be to curate (existing) and create (new) short-form content and distribute it through actively managed social media channels.
The DCU will work very closely with key people and departments within C4.
The DCU will be based in C4’s new National HQ in Leeds and will be a key component of C4’s regional strategy, creating creative job opportunities outside London and
expanding the diversity of the company’s creative contribution.
In order to generate the world class social media content that is needed to make Channel 4 Corporation the market leader in digital presence and innovation we need a
brilliant production manager to manage the smooth running of our content production. The successful applicant will be a core part of our new team.
You’ll be managing all parts of our production process, including budgets, shoots and schedules for a wide variety of creative projects within the team. These might
include social media content, digital-first programming and advertiser-funded productions. Working with our producers and leadership team to make sure everyone stays
on track. It goes without saying that you’ll be great with numbers, schedules, call sheets and spreadsheets, with a great list of production contacts.
The Production Manager needs to be exceptionally well organised with a flexible, proactive approach. We need you to think on your feet and be able to persuade and
influence people to get things done. We’re a new department so things will change and develop as we grow. We want our production manager to be excited by the
possibilities and not be afraid to keep us all in check.
This role is based in the Leeds office and the job holder will be required to liaise with the broad team on any given project including Marketing and Commissioning
teams as well as with all Channel 4 departments, to ensure as coherent an approach as possible.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIRED SKILLS
• You’ll serve as the beating heart of our production team working with them to ensure the best content is produced on budget and on schedule.
• You’ll have day-to-day ownership of the content budget documentation and production logistics.
• We’d like you to have proven experience in a similar role, especially for a digital team.
• You’ll be transforming an idea on paper into a living, breathing production!
• You’ll be managing logistics for any shoots we do. This could include finding locations, crew or props; managing the budget, legal and compliance or being on
location to help out.
• You’ll be passionate about the fast-paced world of digital production and understand the differences between that, AFPs and traditional broadcast.
• You’ll produce regular reports for the leadership team on how we’re tracking on budgets and schedules
• If you’ve got experience of tracking digital revenue and income then that’s a bonus.
• You’ll be solution focused, calm in a crisis and a voice of reason when things don’t go according to plan.
• You’ll have ideas and suggestions of how processes can be defined or improved. We’re a brand new department so you’re coming in on the ground and we’re
interested to hear your ideas.
• You will need to have a good working relationship with other departments like Finance, Marketing, Business Affairs and 4Creative, bearing in mind many of those
departments are not Leeds based.
• You should be passionate about Channel 4’s output, remit and values. They come into everything we do.
• You’ll work in our Leeds HQ as part of the DCU, and in partnership with multiple other stakeholders and may be required to travel to other Channel 4 locations
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Technical & Professional Skills
• Proven experience in a similar Production Manager role within a digital organisation or team
• Experience of managing content budget documentation and production logistics
• Experience of managing logistics for shoots
• Must have a thorough understanding of processes, workflows, tools and methodologies.
• Should be a quick learner and curious about new technologies and solutions.
• Have a good understanding of digital production processes.
• Be very numerically literate. Able to design and maintain budget documentation and spreadsheets in Excel, raise POs and process invoices within our systems.
• Experience of using productivity tools such as Monday or Trello is preferred.
• Experience of planning shoot logistics and producing call sheets.
• Should be confident in communicating at a wide variety of levels
• Open to working on a broad variety of production output as they arise and change.
• Must be highly organised.
• Ability to negotiate with, and manage local resources (production companies, freelancers)
• Will manage digital production workflows, budgets, payments and contracts as required.
• Must establish a close working relationship with Channel 4’s service departments and suppliers, and be able to communicate effectively with differing departments
to get the job done
• Some of our work will be for advertisers. You’ll need to establish trust and a good working relationships with these important clients.
• Must be willing to travel to locations from time to time.
• Works regularly with a mixture of people from management, production teams, and third party suppliers.
• May involve contract negotiation with 3rd party suppliers of agencies and freelancers and is required to performance manage them accordingly.
• Must be collaborative in their approach.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication.
• Faces a regular mixture of routine and non-routine problems in the role.
• Should be resilient and calm under pressure.
• Must be a proactive problem solver.
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up