Personal Assistant, Commercial & Business Development (London)
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||29 January 2020 at Midnight|
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Department: Commercial & Business Development
The Commercial & Business Development department is made up of two teams: Distribution & Platform Partnerships (responsible for commercial relationships with
third party platforms to whom we syndicate C4’s content and services) and the Commercial Growth Fund, which makes investments in companies. It reports to Jonathan
Allan, Chief Commercial Officer.
The Personal Assistant will provide comprehensive PA support to senior managers in the department as well as administrative support to other team members. They’ll
support the smooth running of the team and will organise and run internal & external events, and other stakeholder activities, for the department.
• Complete management of diaries for senior managers and other team members as required, ensuring daily schedules run to time
• Build excellent relationships with other PAs at C4 and elsewhere to proactively manage meetings, events and plans
• Be a great ‘front-of-house’ for the department - delivering professional email communications, and greeting guests enthusiastically
• Proactively organise rooms, equipment etc, and all other arrangements to ensure meetings at C4 run well (including ensuring flexible working needs are considered)
• Deal with diary changes and mattes arising during the working day – including over-running meetings or other challenges – in a proactive manner, including
rearranging travel or contacting other attendees; and issues arising during meetings
• Pipeline management for CGF and D&PP, tracking key companies and leads & contact status, and supporting a contact management solution for the team
• If required, prepare agendas, oversee distribution of paperwork and follow up on actions, attend meetings and take minutes as required
• Assist with creation of reports and presentations as required
• End-to-end lead on arranging events– both client-facing and internal – such as client outreach events and departmental awaydays – including liaison with
external partners and venue organisers, managing invitations and ensuring smooth-running on the day
• Process and track expenses
• Arrange domestic and international travel, and restaurant/venue bookings
• Co-ordinate attendance and registration at conferences/events
• Lead and/or support in implementing client liaison & trade marketing activities
• Support development and maintenance of websites for both CGF and 4Distribution, plus other future activity inc blog updates, mailouts
• Co-ordinate communication within and across teams to ensure the department is well connected with corporate events and activities
• Act as a key contact & lead for the team in e.g. office moves and other changes; main liaison with facilities and IS
• Processing/tracking departmental invoices
• Managing new joiners
• Planning & implementing team social activities
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Technical & Professional Skills
• Excellent communication skills - interacts confidently and effectively with senior business leaders and external providers, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Advanced MS Office skills - PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to pick up new applications e.g. C4 Finance systems
• Overall priorities are set by the needs of the Heads; however the Personal Assistant is expected to manage their own workload by prioritising accordingly
and reporting back on completion.
• Where appropriate, make decisions on behalf of the Heads regarding meetings; typically these are of a routine nature. There is some autonomy and responsibility
for decisions within the key responsibilities of the Personal Assistant role
• Responsible for own work and for supporting the Heads in managing their workload e.g. handling all administration and providing support and advice on day-to-day issues.
• Expected to work closely with other Personal and Executive Assistants.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of seniority, both internally and externally
• Proactive attitude - take responsibility and display resilience when encountering difficult people and situations.
• Manage complicated diaries; occasionally required to move and/or reorganise meetings based on their urgency and significance.
• Confident in managing several projects simultaneously, prioritising where necessary.
• Works efficiently under pressure.
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• Direct impact and influence on the effectiveness of the Commercial and Business Development department
• Objectives and tasks in the role are often short-notice and high priority.
• Privy to a large amount of confidential information.
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up