Media Planning Assistant (London)
|Location||Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Closing Date||26 January 2020 at Midnight|
Job Title: Media Planning Assistant
Reports to: Senior Media Planner (E4)
Media Planning’s role is to manage the on-air promotional strategy and allocation of airtime across the 4Network. The team is responsible for both strategic and
implementational planning and also airtime data analysis.
To assist in planning on-air promotional campaigns and continuity pointers for 4Music, Box TV and E4 channels and to support the Media Planning team in the trafficking
of trail copy across the network.
• Set up promotional campaigns in accordance with Promotional Priorities determined by Marketing and Media Planning
• Create daily missing lists for on-air trails and ensure all material is delivered by transmission deadlines
• Act as primary point of contact with 4Creative Production and Presentation regarding the delivery of trail copy and schedule changes
• Place promotional trails in the schedule in line with campaign targets
• Devise, brief and monitor continuity and navigation to maximise retention of audiences across the Channel 4 and Box Plus networks
• Be accountable for the planning and booking of 4Music/Box promotional campaigns in accordance with Promotional Priorities determined by Marketing and Media Planning
• Monitor delivery of TVR targets for trails and continuity pointers
• Checking trail legal certification
• React to changes in the schedule and update trails accordingly
• Act as point of contact with 4Creative Production, Presentation
• Assist in the placing of on-air trails across the portfolio’s schedules
• Assist Senior Media Planner in the production of On-Air Campaign Plans, Post Campaign Analyses and ad hoc research projects.
Technical & Professional Skills
• Experience of planning/trafficking on-air media campaigns and of a broadcast media environment
• The job holder will be responsible for ensuring all trafficking needs for the department are covered, ensuring all trail copy is delivered and been cleared
by compliance. They will also be responsible for placing trails in the schedule and producing the continuity plan for 4music.
• The role will involve interaction with many other departments within the channel, especially Marketing, 4Creative and Presentation, as well as working closely
with colleagues in Media Planning. Maintaining good working relationships will be key, as Media Planning co-ordinate processes across various departments.
• Media Planning is a small team with a lot of responsibility. The role requires a strong operational approach, with a keen eye for detail. A pro-active approach
to problem solving, and good time-management are also necessary.
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• The job holder will be accountable for traffic management. Success in this role will be judged by minimising the impact of late trail deliveries and schedule
changes, on the other members of our team and the teams we work with.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Experience in coordinating delivery of promotional or advertising material
• Experience of planning/trafficking on-air media campaigns within a broadcast media environment
• Experience of on-air Media Planning
• A knowledge of and enthusiasm for the channel’s programmes
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills
• Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise at all levels
• A flexible approach to work
• A desire to take responsibility and work on own initiative
• Ability to prioritise tasks and act decisively under pressure
• Fast, methodical and accurate, with keen attention to detail
• PC literacy - Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel
Apply for this job
Celebrating diversity is at the heart of Channel 4's purpose both on-screen and off-screen. Being different is therefore at our core - and we know that recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds encourages our workforce to be vibrant, creative and think differently. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the media sector. So we welcome difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We have won awards from Stonewall for our work on screen and in the workplace, we are a member of the Business Disability Forum, and we are signed up as a Disability Confident employer with the Department of Work & Pensions. Channel 4 also won the company National Diversity Award - 2016. At the end of 2016 Channel 4 was awarded the National Equality Standard by EY, the only company ever to be placed at the highest level 'Institutionlised Inclusion'.
We understand that disabled people might have concerns about being discriminated against if they declare their disability when applying for a job. If that's you then don't worry - we will judge you on your abilities and fit against the job description. We are happy to discuss with you any adjustments you need to give you a level playing field during recruitment and then, if you're made an offer, we can then discuss with you the adjustments you might need to get on with the job and develop your career. Furthermore we can offer a guaranteed interview to any disabled applicant who meets the essential skills or experience listed above.
Let us know what kind of work you're passionate about and we'll notify you when matching career opportunities become available.Sign up